When you enrol your child at school please bring with you:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- Your child’s passport if parents are immigrants to New Zealand
- A copy of his/her immunisation certificate
- Medical information including your doctor’s contact details
- Any legal documents e.g. custody or access agreements the school should know about.
- Contact details for your family and someone the school can call in an emergency
- Proof of residence such as a power bill or tenancy agreement
Informal Cohort Entry
We operate an ‘informal cohort entry programme’ for five-year-olds starting school. This means that your child may not necessarily start as soon as they turn five, but may need to wait until a specific date (see entry dates below) to start. This makes it easier for staff and students in the transition to school when a group starts at the same time as opposed to staggered throughout the term.
Entry dates are as follows:
- Term 1: 5-Year-old Students can start 3/2/2022 or 07/03/2022
- Term 2: 5-Year-old Students can start 2/5/22 or 7/6/2022
- Term 3: 5-Year-old Students can start on 25/07/2022 or 29/08/2022
- Term 4: 5-Year-old Students can start on 17/10/2022 or 14/11/2022 As this is an ‘informal entry’ students can still start when they turn 5 if you wish.